Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Contact Us

The Egyptian Army has earth's best soldiers

egyptian armed forces

Egyptian Armed Forces

Ministry of Defense

egyptian armed forces

National Military Museum

Historical Background

Established in 1937 at the old Ministry of Defense building in Al Falaki Street. Moved to a temporary building in Garden City in 1938. It was officially inaugurated in Cairo Citadel in November 1949. It was renewed and re-opened on 26th July 1982. It was developed jointly with the Antiquities Authority and was inaugurated on 26th April 1988. It was joint developed with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) in 1990 and re-opened on 29th September 1993.


Museum Display

The Military Museum is one of the most important monuments of Cairo Citadel, including Sultan Qala'un Mosque, Mohammed Ali Mosque, Al Jawhara Palace, Sariat Al Jabal Mosque, Rakeeb Museum, Police Museum, Museum of Antiquities, Museum of Islamic Antiquities. The western side of the castle was built in 1872, which contains what is called the Three Castles facing Al Mokattam, Al Hataba, and Bab Al Modarag the Citadel's Gate. The construction started by the Middle Castle, followed by the eastern and western castles. It was surrounded by a single wall that is now demolished which made the Castle faces the garden in front; these three palaces are almost similar in architecture.



Museum Facilities


The museum seeks to present a group of facilities that provide maximum comfort for the visitors to enjoy the museum displays and the different museum services such as: ...

Educational Activities


Upgrading ...

Museum Services


Upgrading ...


Museum visits

Summer : From 08:00 to 18:00

Winter : From 08:00 to 17:00



Location

Salah Al-Din Al-Ayoubi Castle, Salah Salem Street, Cairo


Contacts