Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Contact Us

Breaking News

egyptian armed forces

Egyptian Armed Forces

Ministry of Defense

egyptian armed forces

Al-Alamein Militray Muesum

Historical Background

Al-Alamein Military Museum was founded on the 16th of December, 1956, when the late president Gamal Abd Elnasser ordered its establishment to commemorate Egypt's fundamental role in one of the most important battles of World War II, Al-Alamein battle, which broke out between the allies and the Axis Powers in October 1942. The museum witnessed development, renovation, and maintenance measures and was renewed on the 50th anniversary of Al-Alamein battle on the 21st of October, 1992, and later went through other development measures including the set-up of an exhibitory display, to be reopened on the 21st of October, 2014. The Museum aims to document Al-Alamein battle by introducing a group of weapons, armors, and models which symbolize Al-Alamein battles and the contributing forces, besides a group of battle course-of-action maps, as well as acquisitions of battle commanders.


Museum Display

It recites the major events of Al-Alamein battle and the role of the participating forces. It is divided into 3 parts, which are the open-air showground, the permanent display showroom, and the temporary display showroom.



Educational Activities


The museum presents some educational activities for school students in different ages, students with special needs, and academic researchers, by linking the museum collections to their curriculums ...

Museum Facilities


The museum extends to present a group of facilities that provide maximum comfort for its visitors to enjoy the museum displays and the assorted museum services such as: ...

Museum Services


The museum offers a group of services seeking visitors' comfort and pleasure, especially the special-needs visitors, including: ...


Museum visits

Opening hours : All week days from 9 am until 4 pm



Location

The Museum is located at the 10-kilometer sign en route Alexandria-Matrouh road, south from the coastal road.


Contacts